Time: On mondays from 15:20 until 17:00
Semester: winter semester
Examination: 20.02.2019 from 12:00 until 13:30
The lecture „Grundlagen des CAE / CAD“ (Basics of CAE/CAD) contains a basic introduction in product data technology, computer aided design and its process chains. Basics of geometrical modelling and methods of computer aided design are taught. The architecture of CA-system components as well as process chains like CAD-FEM, CAD-Rapid Prototyping and CAD-work preparation (NC, RC, MC) being passed through in line with product development are presented and their application in the different phases of the product life cycle. Accompanying to the weekly lecture coached exercises take place on five dates.
Learning objectives are:
- Knowledge about architectures of CAx systems
- Basics of geometrical modelling
- Basics of simulation and modelling
- Understanding of CAx process chains
- Knowledge about computer aided methods for conception, design, optimisation, display, production preparations and documentation of products.
- Introduction into management of product and simulation data
“Grundlagen des CAE/CAD” in Moodle provides:
- Working materials like script, slides and demonstrators
- Communication between students each other as well as students and lecturers
- Tutorial with practical exercises in CAE/CAD using Siemens NX
The lecture is a compulsory for students of Computational Engineering.