Advanced Design Project – Global Collaborative Engineering
Semester: Wintersemester 2018/19
Beginn: Oktober 2018
This is a six (6) credit-point Advanced Design Project. The language used in this course is English.
Student attendance and participation during the schedules time is expected: This is an active learning and team project based course that will require extensive live collaborations with team members as well as live online/video lectures at the Virginia Tech University in USA, Howard University in Washington, D.C., ITESM Monterrey in Mexico, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China.
A segment of the course will be a joint course with the Technische Universität Darmstadt, Howard University, ITESM Monterrey, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University, featuring joint lectures and joint student team projects. The students will use NX for CAD/CAM/CAE; Teamcenter Engineering for PDM; and Teamcenter Community and high-end video conferencing for student project collaborations.
The Wednesday class sessions are generally reserved for lectures, and the Monday and Friday class sessions are generally reserved for live team project collaborations. Occasional industry guest speakers might address the students during the Monday and Friday class sessions.
Grades will be based on self-study progress, team project progress, and a final presentation.
Participants will study topics fundamental to global collaborative engineering, product data management, and collaborative product data management. These topics will be applied during a team project with team members located overseas, utilizing state-of-the art collaborative engineering and product data management software and hardware technologies.
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018: Lecture 1 (Prof. Bøhn)
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018: Lecture 2 (Prof. Glakpe)
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018: Lecture 3 (Prof. Orta)
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018: Lecture 4 (Prof. Anderl)
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018: Lecture 5 (Prof. Lin)
- Wednesday, November 21, 2018: Lecture 6 (industry guest speaker)
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018: Lecture 7 (industry guest speaker)
- Monday, December 3, 2018: Team project presentation; Team project report due