Dr. Ing. Felix Heimrich
work +49 6151 16-21868
fax +49 6151 16-21793
Office: L1|01 12
Felix Heimrich studied Mechanical and Process Engineering at Technische Universität Darmstadt from 2006 to 2011. After that, he worked as a designer at EDAG GmbH & Co. KGaA. There he developed interior components for cars in Siemens NX. In his Master Thesis he developed a method for design styling based interior components in collaboration with EDAG GmbH & Co. KGaA. January 2013, he joined the Department of Computer Integrated Design (DiK) as a research assistant and doctoral candidate and a team member of the 3D-CAD-Training Group.
From 2013 to 2014, he worked at the department's training center “Informationsverarbeitung im Maschinenbau” (IiM) and was responsible for the CAD training course Bachelor of Mechanical and Process Engineering as part of the lecture “Einführung in das rechnergestützte Konstruieren”. There, he trained students on using Siemens NX and Teamcenter Engineering.
As part of the PACE program, which is coordinated by Prof. Anderl and him at the Technische Universität Darmstadt, he was in charge of the Advanced Design Project “Global Collaborative Engineering” in collaboration with Virginia Tech University in USA, der Howard University in Washington, D.C., der ITESM Monterrey in Mexico and Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China from 2013 to 2014.
Since 2014 Mr. Heimrich is responsible for the tutorial “CAD-/CAM-process chain at Process Learning Factory CiP” offered to students of the Master Mechanical and Process Engineering. The tutorial includes an introduction of techniques of CAM, like the selection of technology data, strategies, tools etc. The imparting and the implementation of the process chain CAD-NC is done by using a product which is part of t
of sheet bodies and solid bodies are part of the tutorial.
e end of the tutorial, students conduct the milling of the bottom of a pneumatic cylinder.
Since 2015 Mr. Heimrich is responsable for the tutorial “CAD Freeform” offered to students of the Master Mechanical and Process Engineering. The tutorial includes an introduction to Siemens NX and especially advanced methods of Shape Design. Furthermore, basics of the creation of graphs and surfaces, surface treatment, analysis of graphs and surfaces as well as the link of sheet bodies and solid bodies are part of the tutorial.
Topics: CAD, CAM, PDM, NX, Teamcenter
Since 2014, Mr. Heimrich is part of the research field SFB 805 “Control of Uncertainties in Load-Carrying Structures in Mechanical Engineering”.
The objective of the project A5 – Ontology based information model for the representation and visualization of uncertainty in load carring structures – is the visualization of the developed ontology-based information model and its extensions. Based on the uCloud concept the approach of presentation is developed to represent uncertainty intuitive. In addition, it examines how visualizing uncertainty is done at scale and how it affects parts and assemblies. How visualization of uncertainty works at scale and how it affects on parts and assemblies is also investigated.
The SFB 805 is structured in nine discipline-specific sub-projects and three interdisciplinary working groups. A real demonstrator based on a landing gear helps connecting methods and technology from the different sub-projects. The results of this collaboration can be transferred to the level of virtual demonstrators, which have been developed within project A5.
In June 2016, it was announced that the DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) funds a third period for SFB 805. Project A5 was assessed as “excellent” and contributed substantially to the prolongation of SFB for four more years.
- Development of a design method for complex products in tool and die making (Bachelorthesis)
- Concept of the automation of the CAM-programming with a product-configurator (Bachelorthesis)
- Conceptual design of a desktop CNC milling machine (Advanced Design Project)
- Development of a gesture control for JT Viewer with Leap Motion (Masterthesis)
- Development of procedures and methods for the 3D-CAD-Construction of progressive dies (Masterthesis)
- Conceptional design for a desktop CNC milling machine (Advanced Design Project)
- Examination of static and dynamic visualization techniques in the context of SFB 805 (Advanced Design Project)
- Conceptional design of the fixture and control of a robot (Advanced Design Project)
- Development of a method for automatically generation of machining operations in CAM systems (Bachelorthesis)
- Concept for automatic creation of technological parameters in CAM-systems (Advanced Design Project)
- Development of a interpretation method for the introduction of pedestrian protection in US production vehicles (Bachelorthesis)
- Development of design methods for windshield wiper systems in cars (Bachelorthesis)
- Development of a method for the semi-automated components of CAD / CAM process chain for mass production despite Size One (Bachelorthesis)
Anzahl der Einträge: 12.
Heimrich, Felix (2018):
Heimrich, Felix (2018):
Bauer, Benedikt ; Heimrich, Felix ; Kohler, Michael ; Krzyzak, Adam (2017):
Haag, Sebastian ; Staudter, Georg ; Heimrich, Felix ; Anderl, Reiner (2017):
Heimrich, Felix ; Anderl, Reiner (2016):
Zocholl, Maximilian ; Heimrich, Felix ; Oberle, Marius ; Würtenberger, Jan ; Bruder, Ralph ; Anderl, Reiner (2015):
Anderl, Reiner ; Heimrich, Felix ; Reinke, Patrick (2015):
Heimrich, Felix ; Anderl, Reiner (2015):
Heimrich, Felix ; Anderl, Reiner (2014):
Heimrich, Felix ; Anderl, Reiner (2013):
Abele, Eberhard ; Dewald, Mario ; Heimrich, Felix (2010):